Friday, November 20, 2009

Thankful

It's been a week already! Time does seem to slip away from me. Though, I imagine in this busy season of life my posts here may be a bit sporadic, I will keep you all updated as time allows. This week three of my four children are under the weather, along with my dear, hard-working husband. Sleep has been scarce, but we rest when we can. Speaking of weather, It's raining today! Instead of greeting this gray day with gloom, our sick house is full of joy and celebration! My husband put on Christmas music before he left for work this morning, so the kids arose to sounds of Christmastime. We've kept the music going throughout our school day. The girls have been dancing and singing. What a joy it is to watch these dear little sisters (and brother) hugging and dancing and enjoying eachother! We haven't gotten as much work done as we normally do, but it's been a relaxing, fun day. I think it was worth it to take the pressure off and just enjoy eachother. We officially have the week off next week for Thanksgiving, but don't need to take the whole week off, so I'm not too worried about what we get done. Braden has been a diligent little worker, practicing his letters and numbers. He'll surely be ready for Kindergarten next year. I'm so thankful to be home with these precious children, and thankful to be inside, out of the rain!

1 comment:

Matt5verse6 said...

I love it!!! I can just picture them dancing around, laughing! Oh precious!!! It is so beauiful to me how God knows EXACTLY what we need (not want, but NEED) when we need it! A day of rest, an encouraging word, etc. It's so amazing to watch the body as God designed it to weep with each other, rejoice with each other, and as iron sharpening iron! Absolutely breathtaking!!! ♥ I hope your family feels better soon. :)