Monday, November 30, 2009

Isaiah 55:10-11

“For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven
and do not return there but water the earth,
making it bring forth and sprout,
giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,
so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;
it shall not return to me empty,
but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,
and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it."

God never fails at what He does. He is gathering a people for Himself: His church, His beloved Bride. I feel so inadequate when sharing the gospel with those unbelievers around me and then I remember. His word is powerful to do more than we can comprehend. It is His work to change the heart of the unbeliever. It is His work to change me. What a beautiful gift His Word is!

1 comment:

Matt5verse6 said...

I am thankful God placed it on your heart to share this. What a wonderful reminder! I am constantly preaching to myself that I cannot change anyone but rather that is the work of God. I just have to be faithful and the rest is His. :) ♥ you guys!