Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thankful to God


Have you ever had those days, when you just seem to be sucked into self-pity? I remind myself of all I have to be thankful for, that no matter how bad things get, I've got it better than I deserve...and then the onslaught begins. How is it that I can one moment be worshiping Christ for all He's done for me, and the next be grumbling about messes and rebellion? I am so quick to forget! This life here is short! What we've been called to do is live like He's coming back any minute, because He is! We don't know how many minutes we have, but we know He's coming back. We are in the last days. If I lived like I knew this, would it matter if I had enough sleep the night before or left behind a clean house? I'm on my way to eternity with my Lord! I read a blog today that said," believers, on the worst days of our lives, have more to be thankful for than the richest lost soul has on the very best day of his life." Something to think about.

1 comment:

Matt5verse6 said...

I am so thankful for your precious reminder! I too fall into struggles with my sin of self pity instead of using those moments for joyful worship that, "believers, on the worst days of our lives, have more to be thankful for than the richest lost soul has on the very best day of his life." And, more importantly, that I can have a relationship with my King because of His grace and His precious Son! Thank you for your post! ♥