Saturday, November 7, 2009

Psalm 30:5 For his anger is but for a moment, and his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.

I've finally re-entered the blogging world after much encouragement from my dear friends. I want to be an encouragement to my dear sisters, even those that live far away. We walk this walk together, stepping heavenward. This verse has stuck with me lately, reminding me of our fleeting time in this cursed world, and the joy eternal that's coming for those on whom His favor rests. What an amazing thought! His favor rests on me, because of His son. I don't deserve a bit of it, yet because of Christ's obedience, suffering and sacrifice I can rest in His favor. When I look at my own sin, I falter and fear, because I know I do not deserve His grace. But I trust in His faithfulness, and I can rest. What a treasure we have in Christ!

2 comments:

Reflections of Humility said...

I'm so thankful your blogging.

Matt5verse6 said...

HOORAY!!! I'm glad you're back to blogging!!! I am thankful for you in my life and can't wait to see what God is doing in your life and the lives of your family members. :) Praying for you.

In fervent love,
Brook