Monday, September 27, 2010

Joy even now

Sometimes I find in the midst of my daily trials that the joy I once had, while rooted in the hope I still have, eludes me. As the muck of my own sin, intermingled with the struggles to correct the sin of my children overtakes my day, I'm discouraged. I long for the day when He completes the work He started in me so long ago. I read this passage from this morning's Morning and Evening by Charles Spurgeon, and hope it will be an encouragement to you as well:

"We are married unto Christ; and shall our great Bridegroom permit his spouse to linger in constant grief? Our hearts are knit unto him: we are his members, and though for awhile we may suffer as our Head once suffered, yet we are even now blessed with heavenly blessings in him. We have the earnest of our inheritance in the comforts of the Spirit, which are neither few nor small. Inheritors of joy for ever, we have foretastes of our portion. There are streaks of the light of joy to herald our eternal sunrising. Our riches are beyond the sea; our city with firm foundations lies on the other side the river; gleams of glory from the spirit-world cheer our hearts, and urge us onward."

2 Corinthians 9:15

Thanks be to God for his inexpressible gift!

3 comments:

Stef said...

I love Morning and Evening! One of my all time favorite daily reads. Thank you for this post.

For His Glory said...

WOW! You've been posting!! I check in here and there and I thought you probably stopped blogging cause no recent posts :) but then I saw your comment on my post and decided to check back in with yours...Glad I did! I loved catching up on your life and reading your heart :) How is your grandma doing Tania??

crystal said...

Hey tania,I miss hearing from you gal...how is your family doing?