Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Dear Melanie!

Nine years ago today...
Has it been that long? It seems like we were just welcoming you into the world. I remember that I never wanted to put you down, not because I was afraid you'd cry, you rarely did, but because I just loved holding you! Your Grandma used to tease me about that! It has been our pleasure and privilege to nurture you and teach you and love you these nine years! I've enjoyed watching my sweet daughter grow in tenderness toward God and others. I see little glimmers of the young woman you are becoming as you sweetly submit to the instruction of your father and I. I love watching you care for your younger brother and sisters, patiently teaching them and rejoicing in their progress. I'm thankful God has so richly blessed our family. We praise God for another year and hope for many more!

5 comments:

Joyful Mommy said...

Hmmm. I started this post last night but didn't post it until today, but it is dated yesterday. I have no idea how to fix that. Oh well. Do any of you more experienced bloggers have an ideas?

Ron B. said...

What a beautiful young lady.
She's growing up so fast! Soon she'll be taller than Mommy!

RE:Date
Make a new post and paste this one into it. Then delete the old one?
But I think that will kill the comments.

Matt5verse6 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MELANIE!!! Wow, 9 years old!!! And what a beautiful (grown up looking) picture! Love you guys lots! ♥

For His Glory said...

Wow, Are you sure she's nine, that pic look like she's 16!! She looks so mature and so much like a little lady :)...Happy Birth-day! What a pleasure to read how much joy you bring to your family!

The Pichura Family said...

Boy has Melanie grown up!!!! :) Happy Birthday beautiful girl!!!

Tania...thanks for your sweet comment of encouragement from a couple of days ago!!!